The players who finish in the top 20 for their age division at the conclusion of the tournament season qualify to play in the Rocky Mountain Junior Golf Tour Tournament of Champions to be held at McCormick Ranch in Scottsdale, Arizona in December*
Season Point Table (RMGJT & NAJA QUALIFIER Events)
Position/Place of Finish ALL RMJGT EVENTS MAJORS/QUALIFIERS & INVITATIONALS
State Point System
The Rocky Mountain Junior Golf Tour will also award points to the top players in each division at each individual state tournament. Players may start accumulating points at the first RMJGT event of the season. The last event hosted in each state will be the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. At this final state event, the top point holder in each division will be awarded the State Player of the Year (this is separate from the Overall Player of the Year awarded at Tournament of Champions).
GLOBAL JUNIOR GOLF RANKINGS
All tournaments in 2018 will be ranked by GJGR.
HOW TO GET RANKED
To be eligible to be ranked in Global Junior Golf Rankings, a player must meet the following criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 5-19 years old
- Must have competed in 5 or more one-day or multi-day stroke play tournaments with the following:
- Total of 5 players or more in each division
- Completed five 18-hole rounds with no stroke limit rule in place for the 10-19 age division
- Must be within the last 365 days for which we have received the results and they are listed by the same name, city, state and country.
HOW THE RANKINGS ARE COMPUTED
We use four criteria to compute a player’s overall ranking and their ranking within their graduation class.
- Tournament Score (80%) Using each round individually, we use 70% of the player’s lowest round scoring differentials (Score – course rating). This is the average difference of their individual round scores compared to their tournament rounds completed in the last rolling 1-year period. The player score vs the difficulty of the golf course when playing in a Global Junior Golf Ranked Event. This criteria counts for 80 % of a player’s ranking calculation.
- Strength of Tournament (10%)The number displayed here is the result of ranking formula that determines a score for all the tournaments played by this individual. This formula is based upon the number of the players in the Tournament & Strength of the competitors in the field. Our ranking system for this field is proprietary information This criteria counts for 10% of a player’s ranking calculation.
- Top-five Finish (5%)This criteria displays the finishes for the player. Top 5 Finishes count 5% in the ranking computation, and their value is computed based on the number of players in the field and the strength of tournament.
- Weather (5%)The weather criteria* will be 5% of a player’s ranking calculation and will be determined as follows:
*Based on the average weather during the full tournament. All weather will be verified by a GJGR staff member
JUNIOR GOLF SCOREBOARD
In order for scores from our events to be included on Junior Golf Scoreboard for national rankings, each age group must have at the least five participants who complete at least 36 holes.
Also, to be ranked, all participants must play from a minimum of 4,500 yards and not shorter than the forward-most USGA rated tees.
Events must have a minimum of 40 boys and 12 girls at the start.
Pull carts are allowed if the facility allows them.
The rankings will only count the oldest age division. Multiple divisions may only be combined if all juniors are playing from the same tees and yardages.
A pace of play policy must be disclosed, implemented, and enforced. Extensive waiting on course and 5+ hour rounds will not be acceptable.
A policy designed to prohibit withdrawal due to poor play must be disclosed, implemented and enforced.
AJGA PBE STATUS FOR TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS